3. I then transferred those measurements to my pattern.
Now because I'm altering a pattern that is on the fold I need to half those the width measurement.
4. I measured down the CF the length measurement of the excess dart ( 13cm) and squared out a line to the seam.
5. I made a mark half way along the neck edge and ruled a line down to the first squared out line.
6. Because my excess fabric measured 2cm I need to half that measurement. So I measured out 1cm from the first line at the neck and ruled another line down to the squared out line.
I have now formed a dart which I'm now going to get rid of.
5. With the 2 horizontal line of the bodice pieces against each other move the cut piece over and under the other piece to line up the 2 vertical line. Then tape in place to secure.
REMEMBER - the alteration you've done to the back needs to be done to the back facing as well. And then check that that the 2 patterns match.
Your pattern has now been fixed for the Across Back alteration.
1. Now transfer that amount to the Front Side Panel ONLY. eg. if you pinned 2cm at the bust at one panel you mark 2cm in from the bust curve of the panel. Then measure how far you pinned the excess fabric and mark those measurements on the pattern and redraw a new curved line.
REMEMBER - if you dress is going to be lined you need to do the same alteration to the Front Side Lining panel.
You have now fixed up a pointy bust.